Pair of 18th century Dutch Delft peacock tail chargers
Nicolaes de Waert for the factory of 'De Griekse A'
A beautiful pair of 18th century dutch delft peacock tail chargers. Makers mark to verso of each plate.
Diameter: 30.5 cm
Professionally restored and lacquered.
De Grieksche A (The Greek A) factory was founded in 1658. It was located on the site of a former brewery in the center of Delft, on the east side of the Geer (today Lange Geer) around the Rotterdamsche Poort. The succession of owners have each contributed to the prestige of the factory, making it one of the most successful Delftware factories of the Golden Age